The Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016, apply to all waste generators, local bodies, Gram Panchayats, manufacturers, importers, and producers; however, rule 4 of the Plastic Waste Management Rules does not apply to export oriented units or units in special economic zones notified by the Central Government that manufacture products for export: This exemption does not apply to units that package gutkha, tobacco, or pan masala, as well as any surplus or rejects, leftover products, or similar items.
- “Producer” includes industries or individuals who use plastic sheets or covers made of plastic sheets or multilayered packaging for packaging or wrapping the item, as well as those that manufacture or import carry bags, multilayered packaging, or plastic sheets or the like.
- “Multilayered packaging” refers to any packaging material that contains at least one layer of plastic as the primary ingredient, as well as one or more layers of other materials, such as paper, paper board, polymeric materials, metalized layers, or aluminium foil, in the form of a laminate or co-extruded structure.
- “plastic” refers to a material that contains a high polymer as an essential ingredient, such as polyethylene terephthalate, high density polyethylene, Vinyl, low density polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene resins, and multi-materials such as acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, polyphenylene oxide, polycarbonate, and polybutylene terephthalate;
Who is required to register for Plastic Waste Management Authorization (PWM)?
- Brand Owners
- Manufacturer of Plastic Raw Material
What are documents required for plastic waste management Authorization
- Pan card and UID of Authorized person
- Authorization Letter (except Proprietorship)
- Consent to Operate
- EPR Plan
- Agreement with Authorized Recycler/ULB
- Rent Agreement
- Investment certified by CA
What we do?
- Advice on your project
- Documents collection and verify by our expert
- Drafting and preparation of Project Report
- Online filling and liasioning
- Delivery of certificate